VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    pb 840 on neonates
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pb 840 on neonates
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking to contact anyone currently using the 840 in the NICU.

Posts: 6 | Location: sylmar, ca. usa | Registered: January 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you lost your mind!
I hope you don't care about accuracy.

a mechanical ventilation genuis

Posts: 20 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Cpap>
posted
Can you be a lot more specify ? How inaccurate are the volumes? Which Volumes is Inaccurate? What Exactly is your Experience?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Ted>
posted
i would guess Chris might have an affiliation to drager, so i would take his comments with a grain of salt. After all, he calls himself a "mechanical ventilation genUIs" Sign me,

a speling wiszard

posted Hide Post
I don't have affiliation with draeger but i like the technology. I have 10 years experience in a level 3 NNICU and the most accurate place to measure and sense pt is at the wye.
VIP does this as well but we compared the two and draeger was more accurate.

THink about it, Vt of 10 cc how much of that can be lost in tubing.
IF it was my baby, I know what i would chose.

Posts: 20 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Ted>
posted
Thanks for correcting my misspelling of your company name. I should have remembered that when you work for Drager in Europe, you might spell it Draeger. And btw, aren't there other ventilators out there today that compensate for compressible volume loss in the NICU?

posted Hide Post
I wish I could work for Draeger, does anyone know if there is an opening. I would like to be a clinical teacher.

Obviously you don't have a clue. How many years have worked with micropremies? That's what I thought.
If you think PB makes a better vent for babies than the Evita's, Babylog or Servo, I feel for your patients.

I assumed you could understand the significance of measuring at the patient wye.

If you need help ask.

<Ted>
posted
Perhaps I don't have a clue. But I do know how to spell genius, genius. And btw, I never said I thought the PB vent was even close to being a good choice for NICU. I don't think that at all. MY point was that a sensor at the wye is not the end all be all. PArticularly when a machine is driven off of data recieved externally and can be subjected to damage or obstruction of the sensor.

<rrtgirl29>
posted
Can't we all just get along??

posted Hide Post
Ted has a real issue with spelling.

Ted for your sake I will change the spelling in my electronic signature if you will SHUT THE HELL UP>