VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    servo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

servo
 Login/Join

posted
Posted April 22, 2008 07:14 PM Hide Post
I work with servo I's and 840's. Whenever we use the heated circuits on the servo's we have to change filters every 4h's which is connected to the Exp. end of the circuit and the other end is connected to the vent. The 840 has a different drain system where once a shift we drain what water is there. On the servo it isn't possible. This is a big issue when someone is on high amounts of PEEP and we have to break the circuit to change the filter. Can anyone tell me what we are doing wrong or is this an ongoing problem. thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you should look into some water traps, like the Servo 300 or the Servo 900C had.

Posts: 4 | Location: North Central Texas | Registered: April 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJ,RRT
posted Hide Post
Change to the Respironics natheon expiratory limb circuit( ? RT215), this fixed all our rainout problems. We no longer use an expiratory filter except when indicated.

GJ

Chris Hanson RN, RRT-NPS, CPFT, AE-C
ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Posts: 66 | Location: Grand junction, colorado | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On our Servos, we have been using the FP850 with insp side only heated wire and the large water trap from the VADI below the exp cassette; no more disconnections, no more alarms with the FP730.

Still using non-disposable...

Posts: 25 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeffrey Haynes lungscience-education.com
posted Hide Post
If you have a patient on a lot of PEEP and you need to change the filter clamp the ETT at end exhalation, open the circuit and change the filter, then re-connect and allow the PEEP to be re-established in the circuit, then unclamp the ETT. This technique prevents the massive derecruitment you would otherwise induce by opening the circuit.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you saying just squeeze the expiratory circuit near the Y at end expiration and change the filter then. Boy if this is what you mean you would have to be very quick. thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use the FP MR850 heater with the Servo i and found 3 years ago that if we use the RT 020 dual wall filter from FP that our rain out was eliminated. We heat both inspiratory and expiratory limbs and are able to go over 2 weeks with no issue from rainout.

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post