VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    How to set up VIVE for babylog 8000plus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to set up VIVE for babylog 8000plus
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone give me a literature who have experience in using VIVE of the babylog 8000plus? I just want to know the proper set up and how does it help for ventialtion.
I read it in NICU web website that they said the variable expiratory flow can help wash out CO2. Thanks......

cheers
chris

Posts: 2 | Location: qatar | Registered: March 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffWhitnack
posted Hide Post
What I recall from Dennis Bing. The VIVE can be used as a kind of risetime adjustment. You can have higher exp flow and then set the insp flow lower. That way, if using PSV which terminates at (I believe) 15% of peak flow, the breath won't end too soon.

It's not so that one can turn down exp flow and reduce exp resistance....the ET tube has a corner on that market.

Posts: 171 | Location: Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post