VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    what are your responsibilities?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what are your responsibilities?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dear 21,
I feel your pain. I have been in your situation many times over. Starting out as a new graduate, I was so gung-ho to practice what I had learned in school. I was quickly discouraged when I realized all the obstacles I had to overcome. Starting out with management- If you have poor backing from the "higher ups" then you really have to fight to get respect from the other professions. I personnally decided that I wanted to see how other institutions ran there hospitals. I became a Travel Therapist to look into other facilities across the US.
After about 2 years of travelling, I was able to see well run and poorly run facilities. I eventually found a facility that really supported my profession. I was able to learn and grow as a therapist. This facility is a teaching facility, so I have really been able to grow my roots. I have been here for 5 years now and I could not imagine working at any other facility.
I can not agree more with Cyndy. You really need to keep up with the advances in Respiratory Care by reading the journals and attending the conferences.
21- I hope you can find the facility that will allow you to grow to your potential. Don't get discouraged.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post