VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    BP840 AND NASALMASK OR NASAL CPAP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BP840 AND NASALMASK OR NASAL CPAP
 Login/Join

Picture of Cpap
posted
I WAS INTERESTED I KNOWING IF THIS IS SOMETHING THAT ANYONE HAS ANY SUCCESS IN THE ADULT PEDIATRIC OR NEONATAL POPULATION?

Posts: 8 | Location: Chicago,ILL.USA. | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this vent should not be used in the NNICU. THe 7200 was a better vent than this one.

a mechanical ventilation genius

Posts: 20 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Chris. That's not to say the 7200 was a good ventilator, but the 840 is worse.

Posts: 12 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AIM: Online Status For mrsjoshuabush@aol.com
posted Hide Post
I personally like the 7200 better myself in both the adult and ped areas. Have never used it in NICU, we still have one of the dinosaurs of the last century in use there. Getting ANY changes in that area here is like pulling duck teeth...impossible.

Janet Bush RRT

Posts: 3 | Location: Mt Home, AR, USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffWhitnack
posted Hide Post
I have used both the Drager E4 in the past and currently the hospital I work at has the PB 840 (Adult only--we use the Babylog in our Level 2 Nursery).

I like the E4 better--ATC over TC, Autoflow behind the scenes as opposed to VC+, having trends, having the ability to hook up volumetric capnography, etc.

I like the 840's ability to scale the graphics, having VS available MIGHT be an advantage (Doc insists on PS for full support for instance----try to talk 'em into VS then).

BUT my experience so far in no way has generated a "this is crap" feeling about the 840. We have VC+ (very similar to Autoflow---just based on volume leaving the vent as opposed to returning).

We have used 8 of them pretty heavily for about 6 months and they have performed and held up well.

If your 840 version doesn't have VC+ I could see the angst over it.

Posts: 171 | Location: Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Damian>
posted
We use the 840 on adults and in our nicu, which we were previously using infant stars.I wouldnt say the 840 is poor or worse than the 7200 by any means

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Hank>
posted
I like the 840 very much. We have about 15 or so used heavily and the active exhalation valve makes it a far better critical care vent over the 7200. Graphics are superior. The only problem has been a few "INOPS" from software problems.

<Brags>
posted
Anyone recently purchase or have been using the Esprit (not sure on spelling sorry) by Respironics. Good, bad, don't buy?

Thanks

Antigo, WIsconsin

posted Hide Post
With all due respect to the 840 nay-sayers please consider the following:

Two weeks ago I was called to a hospital to attend to a term 5 hr.old infant with Muconium Aspiration Syndrome. The baby was in very critical condition with sever hypotension, had entrained NO and was minutes away from ECMO ventilation.

The 840 ventilated that baby exquisitely! She was home with her mother in less than 3 weeks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post