VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Looking for information on GE carestation vent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for information on GE carestation vent
 Login/Join

posted
If you either use or trialed the GE Enstrom Carestation, I would like feedback. Thanks, Al

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Renton>
posted
The trauma center Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur of Montréal tied it last summer: the vent stop working after a few hours... Still, it looked like a good vent.

Personnaly, I like the fact that :
1-It looks a lot like the Advance S-5 anesthesia table (we also are anesthesia assistant in Québec), so RRT and anesthesiologists have no trouble working it;
2- The ability to calculate FRC (the trial did not include that feature, but Intensivists are very interrested in acquiring that technology)

This tertiary hospital will (next 6 month) probably buy it, as well as the Avea from Viasys (for the oesophagal balloon) and the Servo I (for the NAVA). They want all the toys... (they also have a Sensormedic 3100-B and a Percussionnaire VD-R 4)!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Russ Du Teau>
posted
Hey Al,

FYI you requested a reference on the Engstrom Carestation...we originally purchased 6 Enstrom Carestations in the Spring of 2006. The vents have performed great and have done everything we have asked so we bought just bought eight more units. We replaced our ramaining 7200 with these units and the Carestation will now become our mainline vent. We also have many Drager ventilators which we used to compare our Carestations to. Russ Du Teau, B.S. RRT Director Clinical Services NE GA Health System

<JoeG>
posted
Al,

You can check with Russ Duteau, Director of Resp. Care, at Northeast Georgia Health System, Gainesville, GA.

<Amy>
posted
We trailed the CareStation and are hoping to purchase at least 2. We found it performed well and had quite a lot of options available on it. It is also quite competitively priced and has a low cost of ownership. I inquired about its performance from a nother local facility and they absolutely LOVE it. They were able to ventilate some patients with it for whom all other modes/ventilators had failed. They also state that it has held up nicely to the wera and tear of transporting it around the hospital etc..

<wayne>
posted
We have tried the G.E. and found it yo be as relaible as and easy all the rest, with he Drager being the least user friendly. The G.E. offers more diagnostic flexability than any other vent. The unique features including the metabolics cart have proved to be benificial to our long term patients. It has enableled extubation on a previously unweanable patient.
We have just finished the specs. for bid to replace our fleet with this unit
I'll check postings on friday if you have any other questions

Wayne