VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Esprit vs Vela vs Servo "S" vs Drager Savina
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Esprit vs Vela vs Servo "S" vs Drager Savina
 Login/Join

<Josef>
posted
We are evaluating these 4 ventilators. Any experience or positive/negative comments are appreciated.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<ventqueen>
posted
Which company makes the Espirit and the Vela?
I heard someone mention the Servo S and they had positive comments. Let me see what I can find out for you. I do remember that they mentioned it was inexpensive.

<Josef>
posted
Esprit is made by Respironics and Vela is made by Viasys

<buccieri>
posted
VELA have APRV/BIPHASIC, "VAPS"-Machine Volume, PRVC/AC,PRVC/SIMV, PRVC/FLOW TERMINATION, PCV/AC,PCV/SIMV,TREND 24HRS, MIP/NIF,LOOPS,WAVEFORMS.
Savina NO, APRV, NO VAPS, NO PRVC/FLOW, NO MIP/NIF, NO PCV/AC, NO WAVEFORMS, NO LOOPS.

<btrdaddy>
posted
We looked at both the Sero-i and the Servo-s but decided to go with the Servo-i because of its high-end capabilities (BiVENT, Automode etc). The Servo-s have the same user interface as the i and I believe now comes with PRVC SIMV/PRVC. I believe the Servo-s runs in the low teens.

<KKPIND>
posted
I think Servo s outscores all other ventilators in the list. Vela has Flow problems Cool

<RT 44>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by KKPIND:
I think Servo s outscores all other ventilators in the list. Vela has Flow problems Cool

VELA HAVE PROBLEM WITH FLOW??? (180 LPM)

<RT 44>
posted
Servo S is limited.

<btrdaddy>
posted
180 lpm has nothing to do with response time. I have a friend that works in Syracuse who has both the Vela and Servo. They say the same thing... the vela does not keep up with the respiratory demands of their patients. They are constantly changing out the Vela and placing their patients on the Servo. Seems to be a common occurance

<MORENO>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by buccieri:
VELA have APRV/BIPHASIC, "VAPS"-Machine Volume, PRVC/AC,PRVC/SIMV, PRVC/FLOW TERMINATION, PCV/AC,PCV/SIMV,TREND 24HRS, MIP/NIF,LOOPS,WAVEFORMS.
Savina NO, APRV, NO VAPS, NO PRVC/FLOW, NO MIP/NIF, NO PCV/AC, NO WAVEFORMS, NO LOOPS.