VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    which vent is best and why
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which vent is best and why
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding, there are 4 latest-generation ventilators: Drager Evita v500, PB 840, Servo-I, and the Avea by Carefusion. Of these, I know nothing about the Avea.

We tried the Servo, Drager and PB 840. We think we are going to go with the Servo-I, because it has the capability to do Heliox and has the NAVA. I don't believe there are any other ventilators that have this ability.

Anyone out there know if any of these vents can do this? Or if there are any vents we should consider? We are an adult only, intensive care facility.

Thank you!!!

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DMC RRT
posted Hide Post
My favorites are the 840 and Servo-i. Both do a good job of NIV also. I beleive the Servo-i is less expensive.

Posts: 7 | Location: Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are learning on the 840 and we like it but I have nothing to compare it to.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the PB840's for it's simplicity, and the Servo-i's for it's versatility.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nava is exclusive to the Servo i...check whether you are interested in non invasive or invasive nava...suggest you use the RAM cannula as your non invasive apparatus instead of their bulky head gear.The Avea is heliox capable and we have used this feature many times. Avea works well with non invasive ventilation with RAM cannula specific to premies.Both are fine ventilators but you must gauge your requirements

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post