VentWorld
Hamilton G5

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2616042361/m/241101834

October 10, 2009, 08:17 PM
uvltcbs
Hamilton G5
Can anyone using the Hamilton G5 in a NICU give me some more information? I heard it might be a great neonatal option?
November 15, 2009, 10:14 PM
hasjams
AWSOME USERFRIENDLY. THE SETTING PARAMETER DISPLAY OPTION MAKES IT EVEN MORE EASY TO USE.
December 22, 2010, 05:54 PM
uvltcbs
The G5 is a great vent for NICU use. It does down to 2ml VT, has a bi-directional proximal flow sensor, c02 monitoring, Volume Guarantee mode, ASV and more. If you compare it with new Draeger VN500 you'll be super impressed with the g5's response, ease of use, and capabilities. I wish we had the G5.
April 16, 2013, 02:59 PM
casey
So I am wondering about this VENT.Sometimes it doesnt do its job and as a RT. i HAVE HAD TO MAKE THE DECISION TO PULL IT AND MY SUPPERIORS DIDNT AGREE BUT IT WAS CLEARLY NOT SAFE FOR MY PATIENT
April 16, 2013, 08:24 PM
GaryMefford
Casey,
Thanks for the post. Please provide more detail on why you had to make your decision re. the G5. Have you had to pull it just once or the entire fleet of G5s from your hospital. Have you had problems with them all or just one? Vents malfunction and based on the posts in this thread the G5 has some fans. Sometime problems are with the circuit, the interface or our skill level. If you have specific issues with function of G5s in general or with just one of them please be specific in describing them. I support your decision of exchanging the vent. Whenever function of a vent is in quesiton with good reason then it should be sidelined until its function can be verified and repairs rendered if needed. I am not familiar with the G5 so I hope if you provide us with your specific issues perhaps you can get some good advice on how to deal with the issues you had.
Thanks again