VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Viasys
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Viasys
 Login/Join

posted
Can anybody tell me what communication interfaces are offered with the Viasys Avea? Their local rep has claimed Ethernet connectivity, however I can not find any information on this via the brochure we have? Up until now the only ventilator I have come across with this feature was the eVent Inspiration.

Thinking of trialling the Avea in the not too distant future, anyone already have any experience with this ventilator?

Thanks

Gooner

Posts: 4 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Haveing worked for many years with ventilator companies, I would suggest that you make every company demonstrate to you an ethernet connection. They should be able to bring in a ventilator and computer and show the connection. All ventilators used to claim that they had a RS 232 connection and that allow connection to other devices. We found that the data needed to be written to each device and became costly. A medical device that claim connectivity should demonstrate to you. You should have an Biomed or IT person available to confirm that this device will communicate with anything in your facility. All the best.

Posts: 32 | Location: Powder Springs, GA | Registered: January 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BMac I followed your advise and guess what?

The Avea failed to live up to the reps claims of Ethernet connectivity.

One down and one to go.

Thanks

GOONER

Posts: 4 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.......and for this reason you are writing off this ventilator? Bring it in, have a knowledgeable rep. show you the advantages of this vent. Nothing is everything we always wanted, the Avea comes close.

Posts: 9 | Location: Cleveland, OH, USA | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post