VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Ocillatron -Feed back
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ocillatron -Feed back
 Login/Join

posted
I work in a level 3 NICU and we currently use Star hifi and HFOV.Our Star HIFI's are on their last legs,so I am looking at replacing them with the occillaton hooked up to the Dragar baby log.I am looking for feedback on the occilatrons.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
burst,
I have worked for a long time with the old jets and ocillators. I like the Sensormedics 3100A from Viasys.It is a stand alone unit but from what I have experienced it is a very dependable unit.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<burst>
posted
We have 3 ocillators but our Docs like the ability to have a back up rate.Plus the HFOV's are big and loud.Why can't dragar just get their hifi vent approved in the US?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of light
posted Hide Post
I believe burst is reffereing to the occilitron by percussionair, if I am wrong please let me know burst.

The device is inserted inline with any vent, to mimic a occilator. I have not personally used them before, only seen them at conferences and had them mentioned to me while I was at percussionair last year for 3 days.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<burst>
posted
Yup I am refering to the occillatron.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The VDR-4 by Percussionaire is an excellant vent for all age groups.
I've had the great pleasure of talking with Dr Bird on several occasions @ Sand Point & at conventions. (He is so far up there, my head always ends up hurting just trying to keep up with him)
Several facilities have started using the VDR-4 as transport (because you can't fit a Sensormedics in a vehicle)and have used it also in place of the Bunnell Jet. I think you can check with Arkansas Childrens, Childrens in LA calif. Works very well for HFOv and conventional ventilation

Posts: 4 | Location: North Central Texas | Registered: April 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post