VentWorld
Ocillatron -Feed back

This topic can be found at:
https://ventworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2616042361/m/3221042482

December 04, 2006, 08:25 AM
burst
Ocillatron -Feed back
I work in a level 3 NICU and we currently use Star hifi and HFOV.Our Star HIFI's are on their last legs,so I am looking at replacing them with the occillaton hooked up to the Dragar baby log.I am looking for feedback on the occilatrons.
December 05, 2006, 10:55 AM
Bill C
burst,
I have worked for a long time with the old jets and ocillators. I like the Sensormedics 3100A from Viasys.It is a stand alone unit but from what I have experienced it is a very dependable unit.
December 07, 2006, 06:27 AM
<burst>
We have 3 ocillators but our Docs like the ability to have a back up rate.Plus the HFOV's are big and loud.Why can't dragar just get their hifi vent approved in the US?
December 18, 2006, 11:48 AM
light
I believe burst is reffereing to the occilitron by percussionair, if I am wrong please let me know burst.

The device is inserted inline with any vent, to mimic a occilator. I have not personally used them before, only seen them at conferences and had them mentioned to me while I was at percussionair last year for 3 days.

Light
December 27, 2006, 01:26 PM
<burst>
Yup I am refering to the occillatron.
April 24, 2007, 01:38 AM
Neorrt
The VDR-4 by Percussionaire is an excellant vent for all age groups.
I've had the great pleasure of talking with Dr Bird on several occasions @ Sand Point & at conventions. (He is so far up there, my head always ends up hurting just trying to keep up with him)
Several facilities have started using the VDR-4 as transport (because you can't fit a Sensormedics in a vehicle)and have used it also in place of the Bunnell Jet. I think you can check with Arkansas Childrens, Childrens in LA calif. Works very well for HFOv and conventional ventilation