VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    HFOV MAP maintained without Piston oscillation for ECMo patients not being ventilated
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HFOV MAP maintained without Piston oscillation for ECMo patients not being ventilated
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. I know this is a very unusual question, but I'm interested to see what I get. I'm curious to know if anyone has EVER tried to use HFOV with MAP maintained but without the HFOV piston oscillating for patients who are on full support on ECMO who are not being ventilated, and they would usually turn off the ventilator, or put it on CPAP to maintain Recruitment while the lungs are completly still. Has anyone EVER used HFOV without the oscillation foR Full support VA ECMO

Question:
Has anyone ever used HFOV without oscillation just leaving the HFOV attached with MAP maintained but without piston oscillation for full ECMO when usually a ventilator would either be turned off, or placed in CPAP with no ventilation to let the lungs rest with a little bit of recruitment. I'm curious to see what I get.

Choices:
yes, I HAVE.
No, I haven't.

Posts: 38 | Registered: December 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post