VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all.I have a co-worker always do a trach care after this she wrap around the pilot balloon in trach tube.Is this a new trend? do you encounter like this one on your area? she is a Respiratory Tech. any help would be highly appreciated.

Posts: 7 | Location: denmark | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
icebox,
Performing trach care by the RTs is not new, however wrapping the pilot balloon tube around anything is not safe practice. It needs to be accessible at all times for patient safety.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
Have never seen this practice before. I think I would've discouraged it had I.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nebpusher
posted Hide Post
I don't get why she does that. I don't like that RTs don't do trach care period. I am nervous that nurses do it. Especially when most of the ones I run to act like they are going to gag at the sight of one.

Breathe easy baby!

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post