VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    RT to RN
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RT to RN
 Login/Join

Picture of Bill C
posted
Has anyone found a nursing program that will take an RRT to RN on an accelerated basis??

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This college has a program: http://www.jchs.edu/page.php/prmID/87

Try searching on Google: respiratory therapist to RN

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: August 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by accelerated? Time frame or required courses/clinicals being waved?

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try looking online at "Rue" online learning...
www.rueed.com. It talks about LPN to RN but I think a RT used their program to become a RN.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Time frame with credit given for what we already do and know.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be surprised if you find one.If your pre-req's are less than 5-10 years old,(or just make sure the person evaluating your credits knows that you are a healthcare provider, the person who did my transcript evaluation gave me a pass based on this going from RN to RRT.) you'll probably be able to challenge those. However, it is doubtful that they would give you a pass on the actual nursing content. If you find one though, please let us know.

Posts: 8 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jefferson College of Health Sciences in Roanoke, Va. has that exact program, have actually lost many of our staff to the 16 month program.

Posts: 13 | Location: Roanoke, Va | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
16 months sure doesn't sound accelerated. Bill was looking for time frame and credit given for what we already know. If it takes 16 months in which to do that it sounds like they are giving zero credit for your RT knowledge and degree. They have 16 month RN programs all over the country at CC's.

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked up the program and it said that it can be completed in as little as 3 semesters. So that's not bad. The bachelors degree to RN programs I have seen have been at least 4 semesters.

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
try Excelsior. you can do the program at your own pace and possibly finish in less than 1 year, maybe even 9 months.

Austin CC also has a 1yr (3 semester) bridge program (fall-spring-summer).
the regular course is 4 semesters, with the summer off between yr 1 and yr 2. the regular course is 22 months versus 12 months for the RT-to-RN bridge.

B.S. Respiratory Care 2008
Univ of Texas Health Sci Ctr-San Antonio

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post