VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    New Forums
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Forums
 Login/Join

<bearnuts@aol.com>
posted
There hasn't been much discussion on this forum lately!! If anyone is still out there, are there any other forums that offer good sound clinical advice!!!!

Help me. please!!!!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<whitnack@pacbell.net>
posted
What did you want to know?

Did you try here? I check here regularly, but haven't initiated any threads lately.

There are other RT related forums, but if your question or concern is ventilator related I'd include this one.

<bearnuts@aol.com>
posted
I check hear daily just to see what everyone is saying, but as of late the site has been dead. I found one the other day that is pretty promising; actually someone mentioned it here in a previous post. The site is www.intensivecareonline.com I have been hitting that one on a regular basis. They have something they refer to as a "clinical summit" whatever that means. But the conversations and ideas are really progressive!!! If thuis site doesn't start to pick up, I'm outta here!!!!

VentWorld Manager
posted Hide Post
Dear bearnuts,

Thanks for your feedback. It looks like there was a real drop off since the beginning of June, because before that it was pretty active. The site statistics continue to report a lot of activity, even though postings are down. We get about 20,000 user sessions a month, with about 60-70K page views and 12-15K unique visitors. A lot of people look at the discussions but don't post.

Admittedly, our discussion software is pretty bad, and I have started to transfer the threads to a new board (VentWorld Discussions). However, I'm basically running VentWorld by myself, and there's really no money coming in to support it (despite all the fancy fixins!), so it's a slow process.

If you or others reading this would like to contribute time, I'd greatly appreciate help in making the site better. Just email me directly, please!

I do appreciate your feedback so I can stay aware of the situation. Thanks for checking in often (and thanks to Jeff Whitnack as well -- he really has made a great unsolicited effort to move the discussions along).

-jonathan

Posts: 34 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<whitnack@pacbell.net>
posted
Thanks Jonathan,

I think the long term strength of this site will be the whole Ventworld arena of information. The Carolina site seems more geared for actually assisting clinicians in the hospital..a kind of virtual intensivist almost! The internet is free to travel and anyone can come and go as they wish.

<shane>
posted
I admit that I have been off the site for a couple of months. Jonathan, you are doing well with the site. THANKS for the information!!!!!!

<respiratorytalk@yahoo.com>
posted
I operated Respiratory Talk (http://pub1.ezboard.com/brespiratorytalk.html) for a long time. I even had moderators for some individual forums, with comprehensive news posts on a daily basis.

As the site "hits" peeked and diminished, I lost my enthusiasm. Anybody want some passwords to see if you can inject some life into it?

RN sites seem to do well

<shanesutton@charter.net>
posted
I feel that a lot of Respiratory Therapist are too lazy to participate in their own profession. They do not realize the importance of what they do. Some feel that pushing o2 around is fine and dandy. RN's do not have much respect for our profession because they see therapist run in and out back to the dept. to sit on their **%%$$. Naturally the RN sites have more hits. Each therapist must have pride in what they do to make the profession excell. The technology is here and we have opportunities that the profession has never seen before.

<rrt34@hotmail.com>
posted
Obviously by making such arrogant, unfounded comments you do not have much respect for the medical feild in general or your profession. For you to make a general statement that RTs are too lazy, sit on their a**es and do not respect their field is outrageous. I feel sorry for the patients at your hospital if that is what you are seeing!!!! I work in a hospital that at times I am responsible for as many as 18 ventilated patients and NO help; not 1 or 2 that nurses are responsible for!!!!! I TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN WHAT I DO!! MAYBE MORE RN SITES GET HITS BECAUSE THEY OUT NUMBER US 20 TO 1!!!! Please in the future speak for yourself and not the profession!!!!!!

<Jeffrey Davis>
posted
Easy does it, RRT34. You are right. Not all therapists are as the previous gentleman mentioned. However, that is how we are seen. I can't say I totally disagree with him. I've seen it myself, with those therapists constantly complaining when "the nurses keep calling and bothering me"!!! HELLOOOOOO!! Get in the unit and they won't have to call!!

We are only as strong as our weakest links. Thank goodness for therapists like RRT34 and others like that who love what they do and show it daily. If more of us were involved in our profession, we would be very strong.