VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Vapotherm and High Flow nasal cannula
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vapotherm and High Flow nasal cannula
 Login/Join

VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Aldocella, and thanks for adding to this interesting thread. On looking back, most of the responses to the orriginal post are re. inf./peds use. I would be interested to hear experiences with HFNC in the adult population. Which devices are best for clinical and cost effectiveness? What are some pitfalls, and best ways to avoid them, etc.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who is using Vapotherm in the OB at this time. My department is looking for some backup in creating a Vapotherm policy and procedure that both Respiratory and the OB dept can agree on. Specifically in the realm of feeding newborns while on Vapotherm...

Any info is appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To those asking about alternatives to the Vapotherm or F&P humidifiers, there is now another option available for the neonatal pediatric patient including transport and nicu use.

I represent a company who is releasing a disposable humidifier for neonatal transport that will heat and humidify gases for transport for neonatal patients who are intubated, on cpap, or hfnc.

The system is disposable, and will heat and humidify gas up to 38 degrees at 100% humidity during transport. It also includes a backup battery for use between aircraft or ambulance and the NICU. This should help with the issue of thermoregulation with these babies.

Another version will be available within 60 days for the NICU, and will provide flows for HFNC up to 8L per minute on pedes, and up to 6L per minute for smaller babies. This system will not have a heated limb, as the device is small enough to fit in the incubator, thus reducing temp changes that could lead to rainout. The entire circuit including the humidifier is completely disposable.

The hfnc used with the circuit are specially designed to work with the humidifier, and will have a popoff at 40cmh20, at 8L per minute flow rate for the pedes, and up to 6L for the neonate. The internal pressure when flow leaves the device is around 30cmH20.

There will be 3 types of circuits available with the device, for intubated, cpap or hfnc use, and the entire system will be significantly less in cost than the vapotherm or the F&P.

If you have interest in this device, I am in the process of setting up the distributor network at this time, and will be able to provide service throughout the US in the near future.

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in hearing about your product. I am a distributor in the Atlanta area. Go to www.breathemedic.com
thanks

Posts: 32 | Location: Powder Springs, GA | Registered: January 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post