VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Drager vs Servo [was Drager/Siemens]
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drager vs Servo [was Drager/Siemens]
 Login/Join

<carlbrrt@qnis.net>
posted
Drager's new vent has answered your question. We tried the Servo i, not inpressed. Many problems, some make it unsafe for paitents. PB 840 a much better vent.
Drager XL will be our next trial. This unit on the surface is all the best of the intended qualities of the "i" and a efficient rework of the Evita 4.
The reps we are dealing with at Drager and the one at Seimens have candidly stated the purchase by Drager was in the works for over a year. This new vent tells us this may be true.
Carl Butler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<carlbrrt@qnis.net>
posted
We have tried the Servo i, not impressed. Several serious problems. PB 840 better vent. New Drager XL appears to be a marriage of the Servo and Evita 4, only without the bugs.
Servo has not had it all together for some time. Good ideas, poor completed product.
Critical thinkers have shown for some time that Servo must have rushed to market with the 300, 300-A, and now the "i".
Hope Drager take over of the division complements the finished product. XL appears to have it together. We will try within next few months.
Carl Butler

<john>
posted
LOL

<Steve M>
posted
Carl,

Where do you work?

posted Hide Post
Carl works at the county hosp. in Fresno, CA. and not too many of us local RCP's agree with his or John's views.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fresno | Registered: November 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love any objective info re "critical thinkers" & how they arrived @ their conclusions &
just what exactly is not safe re Servo-i. In my book, all vents have potential to be unsafe; after all they're ordered by & operated by humans!
I'd also like to hear from people using the Servo-i in NICU. And, just what is different about
Evita XL (from E4). And who's using PAV & w/ what results. Thanks

john esbenshade

Posts: 3 | Location: lancaster, pa usa | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post