VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    narcan nebulization
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

narcan nebulization
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have a protocol for nebulization of narcan? 1 of our ER physician is asking us to do this and I can't find anything on it just the use of atomizing to the nasal mucosa. Ideas anyone?

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
I don't have one specifically for Narcan but I know that you can get a protocol for Morphine and change it for Narcan. We use this for Morphine, Pentamidine and use their pretty closed system.

Posts: 32 | Location: Powder Springs, GA | Registered: January 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Sorry for not finishing the last message. Go to HealthlineMed.com and click on the downloads link.

Posts: 32 | Location: Powder Springs, GA | Registered: January 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we have policies for both morphine and pentamadine administration. We use the filtered neb for pentamadine but it never occured to anyone to do so for morphine (lucky we don't do it very often) We might need to adjust that policy to ensure individuals and families don't stay in the room when it is administered. Thanks for the input.

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it would be good for morale of RTs and RNs to stay in the room while morphine is being nebulized. It might also help with family anxiety too.

Posts: 9 | Registered: September 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post