VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Servo i versus PB 840
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Servo i versus PB 840
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
hi during my career

i used cpu ohmeda , advent ohmeda , bear 1 ,bennett ma1 , hamilton veolar , ensgstrom lkb , evita s, 2 dura , evita 4 ,servo 900, servo 300 ,cesar (cfpo), horus and extend(taema) , servo i , now general electric engstrom

i tried 840 , hamilton galileo , different bird , elysée saime

all have gold points but for me each has some lacks wo prevent one to be the best for all purpose

so i think that a mix of two (three?)different brand is better to insure you will have at every moment a ventilator who cares best your patient

so for vni mode i prefer evita but i am not satisfied with the electronics parts and software (failures ++ !!)

on the opposite servo i is from my experience more reliable but ask more work to set alarms , and is a little less useful for vni than evita

engstrom general electric is probably a little less friendly and a little less easy wor weaning and NIV but much more useful and powerful to treat and monitor ARDS

so in our intensive care unit we have a mix of old 7200 puritan for basic care(very close to 840 ?) ( post operative, acute self poisoning ie barbiturates)

servo i is the common machine for every other patient NIV or not ,

and we keep engstrom for severe acute failure such ards and only for invasive ventilation

in future 7200 would be withdrawn and replaced i think with a mix of basic servo i and engstrom

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having used both, I think both are great vents. I use PAV quite frequently and I use it more than PSV. I have used NAVA in the past and I am not sold on it yet. However, the I is a solid package and either vent will be an excellent tool to any facility

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious comment about NAVA, that you used it in the 'past'. Hospital that are using NAVA are just getting it now. I would be interested in know what hospital and what your experience was. There is so much to learn about NAVA any insight would be great.

Posts: 21 | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post