VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    looking for best portable ventilator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for best portable ventilator
 Login/Join

<saeedsanad@hotmail.com>
posted
Hi
Iam looking for portable ventilator that can work for long time with internal battery, light in weight,piston driven, has pressure support mode,can be used for all age groub, easly to be operated by other medical staff like umbalane staff and nurses who sometime work independently from RT to transport ventilated pateints. Which portable Ventilator would you suggest for me.
Thank you.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<sbirch>
posted
Most of the newer ventilators are going away from pistons in favor of blower/compressor pneumatics. This allows them to provide pressure support which is very difficult, if not impossible to do with a piston. There are a number of piston driven ventilators that will do what you ask for and as I work for Respironics I have to suggest the PLV-100. This is a workhorse ventilator with a long standing history of being reliable, quite and energy efficient. You can contact Respironics via their website at www.respironics.com for more information. Good luck.

posted Hide Post
As long as product suggestions are being discussed, I will put in my case for the Newport HT50 Ventilator. With a total weight of 15 lbs INCLUDING the remarkable 10 hr internal battery, the HT50 is about as portable as a ventilator can get. I would be happy to provide you with any additional info you need or you can go to NewportNMI.com or Ventilators.com.

All my best,

Cyndy Miller
Director of Clinical Education
Newport Medical
cmiller@nmitkb.com

Posts: 19 | Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used the LTV900 from Pulmonetics. Its wonderful. I have used on all pt populations.
Has volume control, pressure control and pressure support.
Light weight. Internal turbine for air. Only need an 02 cylinder. Has an internal battery as well as an external for long transports.
I reccomend you check it out and see if it suits your needs

Posts: 3 | Location: Hamilton, ON Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Tony>
posted
I wouldf say the best bet on a portable ventilator would have to be the HT-50 portable unit. It has and 8 hour battery life and is lighter and smaller than any other ventilator. The only problem the unit has is at its highest setting it tends to vibrate. Otherwise this is the best unit for the job.

Tony Burgos
Bemes, Inc.
sales@bemeseast.com