VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    F/P 850 Heaters with Viasys Neo Circuits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/P 850 Heaters with Viasys Neo Circuits
 Login/Join

posted
This is a non-invasive application using flow divers with the new Fisher and Paykel 850 heater pots and viasys circuits in an isolette
Anyone using this combo? Anyone having significant rainout issues? Any solutions? The big issue is that the distal portion of the circuit is getting very wet.

Posts: 45 | Registered: July 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did get some info from a recent lecture and I believe that this information can also be found in the F&P literature. It would seen the issue surrounds ambient and isolette temperatures. These circuits first of all can be optimized by using EVAQUA F&P circuits. Also F&P neo circs are equipped with additional non heated length. The lecturer I heard mentioned 33degrees C as a sort of ref. If the isolet was greater than 33 the length should remain in tact and the heater probe out of the isolette. If less than 33 degrees the length should be removed and the the probe added prox to the airway at the wye. I haven't source a ref for this so take it for what its worth.

I believe most of the issue may have also been related to ambient temp in the room. The heater servo may have been challenged by the air conditioned environmental temps. Insolating the tubing is not recommended as the wires may melt tubings if not used as designed.

Anyway the problem seems to have subsided in this new season. I dunno just thought it was an interesting topic.

Posts: 45 | Registered: July 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post