VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Vent check frequency
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vent check frequency
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
We check them 3 times every 8 hour shift. Once at the start at 7am, once before noon, and once before report at 3pm. But truth be told, I assess them more frequently than that.

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work in the NICU and we do Q2 vent checks. If the infant is started on nitric, then we do vitals Q1 for the first 24 hours.

Posts: 2 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mentioned before that we do Q2 vent checks. Just thought I would mention that RTs do Q4 and Nursing does the other Q4. So they end up getting checked Q2. I know a lot of RTs don't like when Nurses mess with their vents, so I am just curious to know how everyone feels about that. Anyone else do this as well???

Thanks,
mrRT

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The nurses where I work are not allowed to touch the vents other than to push the 100% button for suctioning. The settings are always left on the screen so they have no real need to in order to chart the settings. Works out for the best in my opinion. I have the need to chart vitals but I don't need to mess with their monitors in order to do so, to that end, they don't need to mess with my vent Smile

Posts: 6 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post