VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    PAV on the 840
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PAV on the 840
 Login/Join

posted
Is anyone using the new proportional assist upgrade on the PB 840. I'm curious if it works as advertised

Posts: 4 | Location: Shelbyville, IN | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi:
I posted some stuff a while back. Been using PAV for over a year now. I think its great, others are not so inclined. I dont know how it is advertised. I find it responsive to the patient, it does do a short breath hold which I personally found uncomfortable. It is only .3 ms but im a whimp. Once established it really is only weaning a percentage of PAV, the patient looks comfortable to me.

Posts: 45 | Registered: July 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffWhitnack
posted Hide Post
Since you have PAV available. If you get the time could you try breathing through the circuit yourself, (perhaps with an ET tube connected to a mouthpiece?). Which is more comfortable---breathing with it set to provide 100% support for both Resistance and Compliance (forget what they are called) and set for 0% or the minimum. Which is more comfortable?

Could one just setup a patient on PAV to 100% and view this as a better version of a "stable non-fatiguing mode" which allows for spontaneous breathing? And then just do the daily SBT? I fear people will use PAV to revert back to old SIMV "weaning" habits and start turning down the R&C support per centages.

Posts: 171 | Location: Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post