VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    we need help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

we need help
 Login/Join

posted
my brother was hit by a car in sept and is now vent dependant and prarlyzed from the neck down he needs rehab but nowhere will take him because of him being vent dependant what do we do

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJ,RRT
posted Hide Post
How old is your brother? I live in Colorado and would suggest Craig Rehab Hospital in Englewood, Colorado. There are many spinal injury rehab hospitals that would accept your brother. I think these hospitals usually prefer to take the younger(<50 years old) patient.

Top rehab hospital from US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT

#1 Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago 64.8%
#2 Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, West Orange, N.J. 34.8%
#3 University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle 33.7%
#4 Memorial Hermann TIRR, Houston 28.6%
#5 Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. 24.1%
#6 Craig Hospital, Englewood, Colo. 15.7%
#7 Rusk Institute, NYU Medical Center, New York 12.5%
#8 Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Boston 11.4%
#9 National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, D.C. 10.9%
#10 Ohio State University Hospital, Columbus 9.9%

GJ

Chris Hanson RN, RRT-NPS, CPFT, AE-C
ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Posts: 66 | Location: Grand junction, colorado | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for your help and i will contact these people. My brother is only 31 years old and has 4 kids. We thought we had him into Shepard in Atlanta Goergia however then insurance started acting crazy. Chicago refused to take him. Our problem is not because of the spinal cord problem it's because of the resperator and vent. Nobody seems to want to take him because he can't live without that. If we do find a place for him then Donald's insurance company says it costs to much and they will only pay a small portion of it and we don't have money.If you can think of anything else please contact me by e-mail at biggirl155@yahoo.com THANKS AGAIN!

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post