VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Viasys Avea Ventilator
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Viasys Avea Ventilator
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi,
Has anyone know of, or seen the G5 ventilator from Hamilton Medical? It has ASV (Adaptive support ventilation) It actually takes care of the patient. Like "auto pilot". It also has a real cool cock pit. Very intuitive. Approved for Heliox, has etc02 and will go down to 2ml for infants. It sounds like the new platform for the 21st century. The rest of the vent companies are huge companies like GE,Philips,Viasys, etc. All with significant losses in their stock value due to the economy. Hamilton is a private company based in Switzerland. They seem to be growing with new age technology.Their website is WWW.hamilton-medical.com What do you guys think?

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need help>>We just purchased Avea ventilators for our NICU but are having problems with the Hot Wire Flow Sensors. Does anyone have a good cleaning practice that they can share. What cleaning solutions are you using? We were using Kleenzyme solutions but we think that too strong and breaking down sensors>..Please help ?

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need help for cleaning Avea flow sensors

posted Hide Post
Hi Driscoll,

We are having the same problems with out hot wire flow sensors, our cleaning and sterilisation department cannot provide the requested cleaning guidelines from Carefusion but have spoken with them directly regarding the processes currently in use and carefusion are happy for us to continue using our standard method.

We have had numerous sensors returned faulty - i.e not detected at all by the machine and also a number that, when tested are failing on tidal volumes outside the specified tolerances.

These are the guidelines from Carefusion (Viasys)

Steam Sterilization (autoclave), maximum temperature 138°C (280°F), minimum temperature 132°C (270° F) for a

maximum of 18 minutes and a minimum of 15 minutes (maximum number of cycles 30).

Vacuum Steam Cycle:

3 pre-condition pulses (vacuum pulses). Sterilizer vacuum target set to 10-26 psig. Dwell at 132° - 138° deg C for 4 to 8

minutes duration. Minimum dry time: 15 minutes.

Please let me know how you get on, if i can find out our guidelines for steralisation i'll forward them on.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help Neobiomed. The Hot Wire Flow sensors on the Avea are giving us major problems. My sales rep is working overtime to try to correct the problem but they are just too fragile.

posted Hide Post
We have used the Avea for about six years in our long term vent weaning facility. I have found it to be highly reliable, with low work of breathing for the patient. I have never had any problems with flow unless the the vent was not set to properly accommedate the patient needs. Overall costs of ownership are lower than other vents on the market.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post