VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Evaluation of new equipment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evaluation of new equipment
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings all,

I would like some feedback regarding how your centers proceed to evaluate new/upgraded equipment, specifically ventilators but other ICU equipment as well.

Does the Purchasing/Finance and/or Biomedical department require that an imminent purchase be in the planning stage before they allow equipment to be evaluated clinically? In other words, if your hospital's ventilator fleet is sufficient (does this utopia exist) and up to date but you would like to evaluate the latest in a competitor's machine, are you free to go ahead. Or do you get the song and dance of:
Not a good time
Won't be purchasing anyway
Biomed would have to work more
Biasing certain companies that exhibit new features.

Just a question since we feel as if we are hitting the "status quo" brick wall in our university affiliated teaching centre.

Thanks

Posts: 25 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
CdnRT,
I guess I am blessed in that fact that I know my vendors so well they will let me evaluate new machines carte blanche.
They know that they can later use me as a reference for any other future sales opportunities that might arise.
In the past at other facilities my CEOs expected me to check out the latest trends and equipment yearly so that we could stay on course with our stragecic plan.
This was all Cardiopulmonary equipment.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone,

We are currently in the process of Evaluating the following vendors and their products for out OR, these are as follows:

- Mindray A5
- Drager Apollo
- GE Acys
- Maquet i-Flow C30

Has anyone of you had experience in using these Anesthesia machines? I really need your feedback about these machines.

Also does anyone have an evaluation form or excel sheet so as to evaluate new equipment to ensure we do our proper due diligence before we purchase them?

Again your inputs and suggestions would be very appreciated.

I am really hoping you guys can help and guide me since I need to thoroughly test and evaluate these machines.

Thanks
Tim

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post