VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Heated Humidity/FPaykel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heated Humidity/FPaykel
 Login/Join

posted
A question to all:

We have used double limb heated wire non-disposable circuits with our FPaykel 730s for "X" years. We pasteurize our circuits in-between use with Infection Control's blessing.

We try to maintain the temp setting at 39-2 degrees Celsius. Unfortunately, many RTs allow themselves to get into the vicious cycle of:
rainout---disconnect/drain tubing--vtr blows 200 L through humidifer--humidfier alarms--RT lowers temp or shuts humidifier OFF--back to rainout......
This process has resulted in the RT staff disliking the Drager vents because of the flow-sensor + humidity = flowsensor inop factor.
Now that the FisherPaykel 730s are being phased out and replaced by the FP850, we have been told by FisherMonopoly that we can only use the disposable circuits which makes our fleet of reusable circuits and 40watt heater wires obsolete for the future.
I have toyed with "de-boneing" one of the their RT110 circuits so that I could take their dual heater wire and retro-fit them onto our reusable circuits. No, I have not burned through the silicone circuit but I am concerned medico-legally if this is OK.

Questions:

1)What approx. percentage of VTRs use HME vs heated humidity in the USA....world?
2)For those with heated humidity, what percentage use disposable vs reusable circuits?
3)For those with heated humidity, what percentage use single vs dual wire?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CdnRT

Posts: 25 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post