VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Looking for the Best Ventilator
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for the Best Ventilator
 Login/Join

<pbeaudry>
posted
Completly in the same way as you. We forgot sometime we are real players in the decision of buying one ventilator or another one, that's why we have to collegiate all the info and treat them with interest. Some cie forget sometime, that we can analyse and decide even if there product have a big name to hold them. we are not suppose to deal whit some olds car sellers recycle in medical equip. business.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Alan>
posted
pbeaudry

I don't understand your response. Does "whit" mean "with?" What is "we are not suppose to deal whit some olds car sellers recycle in medical equip. business" supposed to mean? Does "olds" refer to Oldsmobiles? What do you mean by "recycle?"

A

<carlbrrt@qnis.net>
posted
You spoke much too early. The PB 840 has the goods, and does it better than the Servo i only dreams about. The "i" has show itself to have some serious problems. Bi-Level is APRV if adjusted properly without the addition of PS.
Yes Drager has the know how also, the XL has what Servo only dreams about.
Try the vents on patients in the Level 1 trauma setting first before first speculating.
I hope someone comes up with the perfect vent. For now I am happy that PB and Drager are the top dogs. If there is still a Servo labled ventilator produced when the dust settles, it will still be a good thing to make others strive to improve.

<carlbrrt@qnis.net>
posted
Try the two side by side or on the same patient. The "i" has serious patient safety issues. Flow characteristics of the 840 make it the hands down favorite.
Carl Butler

<john T.>
posted
Carl,
What are the safety concerns you've seen with the Servo-i? Is it similar to the GUI and stuck key failures on the 840?

<CdnRT>
posted
I have worked with the i since May; here are some points:

1) The apnea back up is factory set at RR 15 PC 20 unless your pts PS level when he went apneic was greater than 20---then the apnea PC level will be the same as that PS level. There is no high VT alarm on the i. This is going to be upgraded sometime soon.

2) The font on the digital measured VT(insp/exh) reading is miniscule when compared to the font for the analyzed FiO2, thus you need to walk into your pts isolation room at all times.

3) There is no active cursor available for the pres
sure/time curve. Will be upgraded.

4) The pre-use cal is not stored in memory; thus if you clean/prepare/cal the vent upon d/cing it, the second you unplug it the cal is gone. This requires you to re-cal the vent once you hook it up to your outlets prior to use (3 min). If you don't cal the circuit compressible volume correction is not used by the vent.

That's all for now.

CdnRT

<snorkker2@aol.com>
posted
Thank you for the most civil and constructive communication I have seen on this site. This is truly useful information.

<jeff>
posted
How is it that one of the most expensive icu vents in the market could be less,less,less?

<al>
posted
we got ours for less than 24K each. Other icu vents with same functionality are over 30K

<Jeff N.>
posted
Can we please remain professional here? I'm looking for serious, objective opinions...not snide cynical remarks. By the way, I have used both the 300/a and Drager Dura and E4. All are good vents. And...the 300 does "not" have active exhalation like the Drager. Patients cannot spontaneously breathe "during" any phase of the respiratory cycle in PRVC. I am neither a Siemens nor Drager employee. So...that being said...if you two are RCP's you should consider being collegial. It's this type of sniping that wastes our energy which should be spent on more honorable endeavors. Medicine is hard enough with MD's and RN's looking down their noses at us; we certainly shouldn't be doing it to each other.