VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Positive-Pressure Ventilation Equipment for Mass Casualty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Positive-Pressure Ventilation Equipment for Mass Casualty
 Login/Join

VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted
This out recently on the AARC disaster response list serve. Ventilation Equipment for Mass CasualtyFree to register to recieve and participate on this roundtable for all AARC members at http://www.aarc.org/community/disaster_roundtable.asp

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Currently HHS is planning training on their vents. It will be in Phoenix in July (we'll probably have a dislexic blizzard). The AARC management section has had a lot of discussion on personell needs and training requirements. Currently the HHS has about 50 RCPs. (I am one), but they know they will need about 3 times that.
I will chime in with more data when it becomes available.

BillC

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Renegade
posted Hide Post
What would be the perception in the industry regarding a ventilator for mass casualties that had a built-in autopilot? This device would not only be extremely easy to set up with minimal training, but would also provide built-in protection for the patient against volutrauma or barotrauma, etc.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Here is an update.
The two vents in the stockpile are the LP10 and the Eagles.
I have been told that these were puchased by the government some time back.
More to follow.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post