VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    PEEP for ventilation and oxygenation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PEEP for ventilation and oxygenation?
 Login/Join

<GJ,RRT>
posted
We usually think of peep being associated with oxygenation, but doesn,t it play a big role in improving ventilation? Where I work the docs think of peep only when po2/spo2's are low and the patient is on high fio2. I have been recently educated, ,with the help of Light, as to the importance of peep with regards to FRC. Our docs thinking currently is to decrease peep to +5 has fast as possible, but we ventilate at an average of 10ml/kg ibw. I am thinking starting peep should be +10 at 10ml/kg ibw.
Our medical director stated that peep was not a topic at the 06 chest conference. He also stated that if I can find evidence based data, he may change his way of thinking. My goal is to work towards increased peep with conventional ventilation and using APRV.

GJ

Reply With QuoteReport This Post