VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    IS HERE SOMEONE ENJOY TO TALKING ABOUT THE WAVEFORM OF VENTILATOR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IS HERE SOMEONE ENJOY TO TALKING ABOUT THE WAVEFORM OF VENTILATOR?
 Login/Join

posted
ESPISCIALY ABOUT THE BIRD VENTILATOR.

Posts: 5 | Location: harbin city,heilongjiang province,P.R of China | Registered: December 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Manager
posted Hide Post
What kind of information are you looking for regarding ventilator waveforms?

-jonathan

Posts: 34 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I ask the baud rate of the Bird ventilator interface,and the communication protocol? Thank you!

Posts: 5 | Location: harbin city,heilongjiang province,P.R of China | Registered: December 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Manager
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather, most of the US ventilators use an RS-232 interface, but I can't find the specific baud rate for Bird ventilators. You'll have to ask the manufacturer.

Here is a link to the Bird products page:

www.viasyscriticalcare.com/bird/products/products_menu.htm

-jonathan

Posts: 34 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I have read the info above. Perhaps you can give me the another way to get the communication protocol. I think the manufacturer would not willing to offer it.

VentWorld Manager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps you can give me the another way to get the communication protocol. I think the manufacturer would not willing to offer it.

I can't suggest anything more, unless you can find a service manual for the ventilator that might give that information.

If the manufacturer won't give you the information, they probably didn't print it in the manual distributed to the public. While there would be a great benefit for standards, I seem to remember that such a movement was happening for monitors first, and that ventilators would be much later down the road.

I would try to find service centers and try to get the information from them, if possible.

-jonathan