VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    How do you convince a hospital to use protocols???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you convince a hospital to use protocols???
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

How do you go about getting a hospital to start giving RTs more freedom and decision making abilities. What is the best way to convince them to utilize protocols???

I feel like there are needless treatments and therapies given. Also, weaning off of O2 and weaning from the vent(when possible) takes forever. Would an O2 protocol be the best thing to start with?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is a small rehabilitation hospital.

Thanks,
mjRT

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
The first you need to do is find a physician champion.
Get as much research and data gathered as possible.Cost and time saving data is essential, as well as the multitude of positive patient outcomes.
Start with a simple protocol like O2 therapy and then expand the horizon.
I have a very successful Patient Driven Protocol program that is being incorporated company wide.
Contact the AARC's Protocol team. I have worked with several of the team members over the years and we still trade ideas to improve the process.
My next step is to convert my protocol system to and Evidenced Based Practice program.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post