VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Which is your favourite ventilator?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which is your favourite ventilator?
 Login/Join

Picture of starsmed
posted

Question:
Select one please! And tell your experience.Thank You Very Much!

Choices:
Hamilton RAPHAEL basic
Bear 1000 basic
Newport Wave E200
Siemens Servo 900C
Puritan-Bennett 7200 basic

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of the options listed I would choose the 900C. However the servoI is a better choice

Posts: 12 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NONE OF THE ABOVE

Draeger or Servo

a mechanical ventilation genius

Posts: 20 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully there will be a study published from the people in Maryland concerning their comparison study between the Servo i and the Drager vent. From what i've heard the Drager performed so bad the physicians have stopped the 6 week trial. This was to be a trial testing Bi-vent against APRV

Posts: 12 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Alex>
posted
Evita 4 por el auto flujo

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of light
posted Hide Post
as someone that has both the SERVOi and the drager evita 4 I would say that they are equal in abilities and functions, but I will not try and change a SERVOheads mind on that fact. Tphiff were is this so called study of drager doing so poorly? Since Dr. Habashi is a big backer of Drager and he is at Maryland Shock Trauma Center I can't believe their is such a study or that it was not done without tying the evitas hands behind its back. The SERVOi doesn't have ATC to help with RAW so in BIvent they must add a guestimate of PS to overcome ETT RAW.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffWhitnack
posted Hide Post
Of the vents listed..

The Servo 900, I never used much and frankly don't like it much. One often can't generate high enough flowrates for that asthmatic or COPDer.

The 7200 was a good/OK vent in it's time. But that time is over.

Even the former Bear reps make jests and jibes at the Bear 1000. It didn't perform so well I've been told.

I'm not sure which model the Newport E200 is..but it might be the one with the more advanced PS termination.

I would consider/look at both the Hamilton and the Newport over the others mentioned. Both vents are rather rare in my neck of the woods, so I don't have any real clinical experience with either.

I would look into what type of ongoing support/backup/parts one could get from the rep/suppliers.

Posts: 171 | Location: Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<rdrrt>
posted
have used 900c, pb 7200, drager IV, pb 840, avea, and several others. All vents with all the new controls seem to be only as good as the driver, but the servo 900c is a workhorse and requires knowledge of mechanical ventilation and will not fail. the avea for viasys has all the bells and whstles and alot of strong bachground to be a great choice

<ventguy>
posted
As a vetern RRT for 18 years, I have used almost every brand of ventilator on the market. I can't say I am an expert on all, but I can say that the Servo has always been a top quality vent. From the 900c and now to the Servo i.

To reply to LIGHT, ATC is a mode I evaluated many years ago when it first came out I thought it was useless and I would never use. Infact there was an article published in AARC Journal Respiratory Care that showed the modality either overshoots or underestimates the RAW and had very little impact on reducing the patient's WOB. They found that if you set a PS level it would be better than ATC.

As far as the Draeger, the vent really does not have a dynamic exhalation valve and therefor APRV although is a good mode is not really done correctly on the Draeger. Also if you worked with the Draeger in the Neonatal world, the NEOFLOW really doesn't work in tidal volumes less than 50cc very well. I alao was not impressed with the proximal airway sensor, I find my self treating the sensor more often than the patient.

*** VENTWORLD ADMIN ***
We have removed several statements from the original post regarding claims about facilities that have been proven false. We at VentWorld do not moderate the initial postings of ideas, to permit a free exchange of ideas, but we do not tolerate outright falsehoods nor personal slander.

If you feel any posting meets these criteria, please inform us as soon as possible. If there is a dispute, we try to get the original poster to validate the claims before deciding whether or not to edit or delete the message, but in the case that the poster is not a registered member, we cannot make that contact behind-the-scenes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JonKaye,

<light7324>
posted
Ventguy,
Did you relize that the study was done with a PB840 when it looked at the ATC. And ATC is not a mode but an addition to a mode.

By what grounds can you say that the exhalation valve is a not a dynamic valve on the Drager? if you take apart the two vents(Servoi and Drager evita4) they are identical when it comes to the valve. Take the two vents side by side and breath on the two circuits and you tell me where the diffrence is. And According to when I called they were not changing vents at maryland but were trialing the servoi due to the fact that they wanted to buy more Dragers, but had to show that they looked at others on the market (Granted this was a few weeks ago).

As far as the Neo flow sensor, were is flow and volume going to measured more accuratly at the patient wye or way back at the vent? Seems a simple question to me.