VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Which is your favourite ventilator?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which is your favourite ventilator?
 Login/Join

<btrdaddy>
posted
Hi ventguy,
When we trialed the Vela and the Avea, neither could promote the flow needed to meet the insp. demands of a few of our patients. The older servo's we had at that time (300's) never had that problem. When we switched them back to the 300's the patient improved. I believe if your patient is not breathing on their own, the avea might be considered but if you plan on successfully weaning, you may want to go with something else. (remember, this was based on our clinical trial)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<smd44>
posted
When we trialed the avea we had the same problem as btrdaddy. Our patients had a difficult time as a result of the limited flow capabilities. Also, my hospital is located in an area with a very high asthma rate and we had difficulties giving neb treatments as a result.

Picture of light
posted Hide Post
smd44, btrdaddy,
What mode were you in on the avea? What settings did you have the patient on? The Avea is very complex giving you many styles of ventilation with in the same "mode". We have one of these vents in our lab and when you set it up in PC or PRVC (there version)I am able to take in as much flow as I wish.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<rt44>
posted
?

<rt44>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by smd44:
When we trialed the avea we had the same problem as btrdaddy. Our patients had a difficult time as a result of the limited flow capabilities. Also, my hospital is located in an area with a very high asthma rate and we had difficulties giving neb treatments as a result.

AVEA HAVE 200 LPM and VELA 180 LPM IS INSUFICCIENT??

<smd44>
posted
I was referring to the use of the nebulizer with children. You need atleast 15lpm of flow to run the neb and the neb draws 6 lpm from the flow. If we had a patient who didnt generate the 15 lpm we needed to use alternative methods. So often times my patients didnt receive the flow they needed. as a result we went with a different ventilator and are happy with the choice we made.

<rt44>
posted
Now for Neonatal Patients
MAQUET Critical Care is pleased to announce a range of new functionalities for the SERVO-i ventilator. These include many features for ventilation of neonatal patients, such as:

Nasal CPAP
Y Sensor Measuring

The launch takes place at ESPNIC in Antwerp, September 15th-18th.
A preview showing of the system has taken place at ISICEM in Brussels,
March 21st-25th.

Be sure to check back to the website for the latest information.

<brandx>
posted
Again....it is good to finally see Maquet and the Servo-i FINALLY catch up to what the competition has been doing for years.......golf clap everyone.

Marcus

<btrdaddy>
posted
golf clap? too funny brandx.
So now the Servo i does non invasive, invasive, nasay cpap, y-measurements for picky icn doc's who have been misled by numerous reps indicating that "triggering" actually takes place at the "y". Wow.
Brandx.... question for you.... what vent company first came out with Pressure Support?.....think.... How about Pressure Control Ventilation?.... SIMV with pressure support?????...... Dual-Mode ventilation such a PRVC (poorly copied by all other companies)...... Automode (ooops no-one has copied that one yet)... built in CO2 monitoring?
I understand that everyone has their own opinions... lets just not make brainless comments

<RT 44>
posted
SERVO I FINNALLY PROXIMAL FLOW NEO, OOOOHHHH!!

CONGRATULATIONS!