VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Automatic alarm setting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Automatic alarm setting
 Login/Join

<Horacio>
posted
There are some ventilators with the capability to Auto set alarms.

I want to know, for example, how the ventilator sets automatically the High pressure alarm in volume control ventilation.

In VCV the peak pressure changes, so which value will choose the ventilator to set the alarm. Is that value true?

The same can happen in PCV with the tidal volume alarm. Which one is the true value to automatically set the maximum or minimum alarm?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<vent user>
posted
Horacio...
When you hit an AUTOSET feature, the ventilator looks at what the patiests Peak Pressure reading is at that time and AUTOSETS usually 10 above.... the ventilator will not keep adjusting it's high pressure alarm... its only when you manually hit the AUTOSET button.
If your in PCV and say your PIP's are 25... the AUTOSET feature will set your high pressure at 35.... AUTOSET will also pre-set your high and low Minute Volume and high/low resp rate.

I hope this helps answer your question.

<Renton>
posted
Sorry if I offend some, but a good RT does not it that button...

You should always see alarms as your angel when your not there... if it does not ring, you w'ont be called...

Set the alarms clinically, thinking about the patient illness, state, ventilatory strategy, etc.