VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Cadence self breathing system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cadence self breathing system
 Login/Join

<wheezer>
posted
Considering purchase of this system.Has anyone used it and if so, please share with me your experiences with it. Does it really work and is there a better system on the market than this the respironics system.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJ,RRT
posted Hide Post
Wheezer,

Cadence has been on the market less than a year.
High flow trans tracheal system usage was perfected at Kindred Hospital in Denver, Colorado. High flow trans trach is definately worth having, for liberating the trached COPDer. If you view the Cadence video everyone in it is employed at Kindred Denver. I can probably answer most questions, as I was the former RT manager at Kindred, so shoot away.

GJ

Chris Hanson RN, RRT-NPS, CPFT, AE-C
ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Posts: 66 | Location: Grand junction, colorado | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<wheezer>
posted
Why is this high flow system so bulky & expensive?What is with having to have in place a portex blue line trach with this system too.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJ,RRT
posted Hide Post
The blue line portex is what was initially approved by the FDA, respironics is currently testing other fenestrated trachs on the market. In my opinion, portex makes a superior trach when comparing to shiley. The cost I would guess is the "proprietery cadence catheter". As far as size, it's the same pole you would use for vapotherm, aquinox, etc, just with a few more additions.

GJ

ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Posts: 66 | Location: Grand junction, colorado | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJ,RRT
posted Hide Post
Wheezer,

We brought in the Cadence to trial on a COPDer who cont. to fail on trach collar, but would do fine on ATC w/+10 peep. He's not needed to go back on the vent since starting Cadence three days ago. He has gone back on vent at night, not because of need, but because of MD orders.

GJ

ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Picture of jogger
posted Hide Post
That is great news about that patient Chris.We hope to have the cadence soon at our facility. The guidelines for a patient to meet, in order to be considered for the cadence seem really strict. How many of your patients have failed to meet guidelines for the cadence vs the number that have meet them.

Posts: 13 | Location: Greenwwood,ar.,united states | Registered: November 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffWhitnack
posted Hide Post
A while back at an AARC conference I heard the presentation about this device. I went up and talked to the MD whom presented plus two RT's also there. It is most impressive in it's description. I think as far as doing an SBT this is obviously another way in which a bit of PS can be added (patient learns to close glotis and let flow generated insp develop and then release). But the main benefit it would seem to me is getting a running head start on having the patient be able to phonate REAL WELL right away. With speech and coughing comes swallowing-they all work together. Plus the CO2 is flushed out of the deadspace.

So glad to see a commercial version available.

Posts: 171 | Location: Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post