VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Vent-dependent children-SLP's role in intervention?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vent-dependent children-SLP's role in intervention?
 Login/Join

Picture of JohnNB
posted
To whom this may concern,

I am a graduate student of Speech Language Pathology at Mercy College in Westchester, NY. Recently I was assigned a topic called "Vent-dependent children-SLP's role in intervention." I know this is a relatively new topic within the SLP community and is also required by ASHA (American Speech and Hearing Association) to be taught in graduate programs around the country. Well, to get to my original question? I have been assigned this interesting topic but, I have not been able to retrieve any relevant information regarding the latest research and intervention dealing with Vent-dependent children.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend me any journal articles or books related to this subject? I need approximately ten sources for my research paper. If anything I would like to know where I can look to find these journal articles? If anyone can provide me with any useful information I will appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Smile

JohnB

Posts: 1 | Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States | Registered: September 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't help you with any article's but I would reccomend you contact the respiratory department at Childern Hospital of Los Angeles. I understand they have 70-100 kids on home vents. Good luck.

Posts: 6 | Location: sylmar, ca. usa | Registered: January 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post