VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    trachs help.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trachs help.
 Login/Join

posted
My daughter has a shiley trach now and will need a trach for the rest of her life.Her Doctor wants to put a jackson trach in today they told me it was alot easyer to take care of but the jackson metal trach needs changed every week instead of monthly.My caregiver and i dont feel comfertabale about changeing it that often.Every time we move her trach around she coughs and starts to get flemy.My daughter can not comunicate with me at all beacuse of her cp.What to do? Any thoughts would be very welcome and what about shily vesus jackson trachs.

Posts: 1 | Location: My daugghter has cp and is on a trach. | Registered: September 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Dennis:

I work at a Children's Hospital and we change the trach tube weekly on all of our trach patients. I am not familiar with the use requirements of the Jackson trach but I do know it is a good long term solution. We send families home and ask them to change their trach tube weekly so I am not familiar with the monthly schedule. A weekly trach tube change for home patient families is standard for us.

Posts: 32 | Location: Powder Springs, GA | Registered: January 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post