VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    USE OF THE VELA VENTILATOR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USE OF THE VELA VENTILATOR
 Login/Join

<Aaron>
posted
My hospital is interested in purchasing the Vela Ventilator for use in the general wards.I would be very interested in hearing from therapists who have used this ventilator.In addition to any problems and malfunction that may have appeared.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<btrdaddy>
posted
Out of curiousity, why did you choose the Vela when there are better choices like the 840, the XL and the Servo-i????
I hope it wasn't because of the Heliox hoax. It consumes a ton of Heliox

<smd44>
posted
my biggest complaint with the viasys is that they often do not provide the flows that my patients need

<respir8er>
posted
Btr..Since when did the Vela get heliox capabilities?

quote:
Originally posted by btrdaddy:
Out of curiousity, why did you choose the Vela when there are better choices like the 840, the XL and the Servo-i????
I hope it wasn't because of the Heliox hoax. It consumes a ton of Heliox

<ventguy>
posted
The vela is the t-bird reincarnated. It's over 10 year old technology at a premium price. No active exhalation valve, its a dog on response time, and cannot keep up with flow and volumes at higher peep levels. it's like going to Best Buy and purchasing a 386 computer processor instead of a pentium processor.

<btrdaddy>
posted
Sorry respir8er, may have been a bit off.. been a while since we trialed the vents. Which is the vent that has a built-in heliox delivery system? Wasn't it a Viasys product? Anyway, whichever one that is consumes a ton of heliox.

Picture of light
posted Hide Post
btrdaddy,
You were correct. The Viasys Avea does have a seperate conection to the back of the vent for Heliox. And from what I have heard it does use a lot of Heliox.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<btrdaddy>
posted
Thanks light, I thought I was losing my mind there for a sec....

<buccieri>
posted
Light.

The Viasys Avea have a seperate conection.

Ventguy

T-Bird Vela have active exhalation valve.

The information here will need more veracity.

Picture of light
posted Hide Post
buccieri,
I do not no how much veracity (truth) you are looking for but here goes.

The Avea on the back at the air inlet has a DISS-type no. 1180 smart connector fitting for a 80/20 heliox gas mixture. The "smart" connectors signal to the ventilator which type of fitting is attached and therefore which gas controls to initiate. The connector is only designed for a 80/20 heliox mixture.

I hope this enough truth for you!!!!!!!

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post