VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    USE OF THE VELA VENTILATOR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USE OF THE VELA VENTILATOR
 Login/Join

<buccieri>
posted
You were correct. The Viasys Avea does have a seperate conection to the back of the vent for Heliox. And from what I have heard it does use a lot of Heliox. (Ligth - words)?????
NOW....The Avea on the back at the air inlet has a DISS-type no. 1180 smart connector fitting for a 80/20 heliox gas mixture. The "smart" connectors signal to the ventilator which type of fitting is attached and therefore which gas controls to initiate. The connector is only designed for a 80/20 heliox mixture. (Light - words)

If Heliox gas is connected this green icon displays in bottom right of the touch screen.
To set the Helium / Oxygen mixture during administration simply set the desired FiO2, the balance of the breathing gas is Helium.
For example:
A set FiO2 of 35% will deliver a 65/35 Heliox mixture to the patient.
All volumes (numeric and graphic) are automatically compensated for accurate display.
The AVEA is unique ventilator capable of to make this...

IT´S TRUE!!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of light
posted Hide Post
buccieri,
What is your point with your posts???

I state that the Avea has seperate connections for Heliox and you question the veracity (truth) of my statement, then you agree with me and discuss how the thing works. Whats your point!?!?!?!?!?!?!? or are you a vent rep trying to get more buzz about your product?

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<buccieri>
posted
I don´t comment more. I say that have, you say have not, after yes.
You are the boss. No comment more.

<buccieri>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by buccieri:
Light.

T-Bird Vela have active exhalation valve.

The information here will need more veracity.

Picture of light
posted Hide Post
buccieri,
I stated nothing about the exhalation valve on the Vela.

I think we have also gotten a little confused on the difference between the Viasys products. We have been talking about two ventilators on this thread. The Viasys Avea is the companies large vent that is meant for ICU use, where as the Vela is the smaller vent meant for transport use. Now either one can perform the function of the other the Avea can transport and the vela has the capabilities to be a ICU vent. One of the main differences is that the Avea has APRV and Heliox capabilities and the Vela does not. Both have graphics and good monitoring capabilities. The exhalation valve on the Avea is a active exhalation valve allowing the patient to inhale and exhale whenever they want. Any new generation vent should and does have this capability. I do not wish to get into mine is more responsive than your discussion because there is no evidence to support any of our claims at this point.

If someone would like a good study there it is, comparing the response times, WOB ...... of the new generation vents on the market (Drager XL, Servoi, PB 840, Viasys Avea, ...) and then we would have some evidence to support one of our claims.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<buccieri>
posted
Light,

as far as I Know, the new VELA* have valve active and APRV, but I am accordant with you VELA not have HELIOX capabilities.

* I see in ARRC 2004

I am to accord with you both have different perform !

Thanks!

<Giant>
posted
buccieri

Congratulations, I think that we must have knowledge about the ventilator before talk or discuss about them.IT CALLED RESPONSABILITY, anyway, PB 840 ,EVITA XL, AND SERVO I are goods ventilators, But I think that AVEA and VELA can suply everything that you need to do a excelent job.

Giant

Picture of afant
posted Hide Post
I am looking to talk with users of the Vela and Avea who have complaints.
afant

Posts: 2 | Location: RI | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post