VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Awesome Evita Series Ventilator simulator.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awesome Evita Series Ventilator simulator.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everyone in VentWorld. I'm here because I'd like to share with you some awesome material from Drager. Its a free Evita Series ventilator simulator.

This series consists of 3 of the Evita ventilators. Evita XL, Evita 2 Dura, and Evita 4. This is the old series so the ventilator consists of the mode IPPV which is CMV in the updated version of the Evita ventilators. There are a few glitches in here but these simulators are decent to fool around and if anyone is doing a teaching on the Evita it will help posibly. Here is what you do.

Click the link I'll put in here.

Now Go down near the bottom where it says DOWNLOADS. You'll see a download called "Evita Product Trainer." Download that if you will.

NOW, extract files and then open the trainer.

Now choose English as the language.

NOW, You will have a list between the three vents.

Well it will be a list OF the ventilators.

its actually not a list its a selection.

Click on the ventilator you want to simulate.

Now click on the top where it says SIMULATION.

Now onthe right you will have a warning about the simulation and how it shouldn't substitute the Op's manual and stuff. Clciik "Start simulation." Or maybe its "Run simulation." I'll have to look.

But now the simulator will start and you have a way to control patient effort and compliance/resistance as well as the diameter of ET tube,/Trach tube or choose a mask.

Now you can simulate the ventilator. Key note here. You don't have to drag the mouse on the rotary knob to change settings. If your mouse has a rotary knob you can use the knob on the mouse, and to make the selection press the rotary knob on your mouse.

Left click button on your mouseselects the value you want to change. I think its a good trainer.

Here's the link.

http://www.draeger.com/AU/en/p...ion/rsp_Evita_XL.jsp

DISCLAIMER:

I OWN NO PART IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THS SIMULATOR NOR DO I HAVE ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COMPANY. I HAVE A FRIEND/FRIEND RELATIONSHIP HOWEVER I DO NOT WORK WITHTHIS COMPANY. THIS WAS SOMETHING I ENJOY FOOLING AROUND WITH AND I THINK SOMEONE MIGHT BENNIFIT FROM IT. THIS SIMULATOR IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE PROPPER READING OF THE OPERATOR'S MANUAL NOR IS IT A SUBSITUTE FOR TRAINING ON THIS VENTILATOR. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.

P.S. Please tell me what you think.

Posts: 38 | Registered: December 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post