VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    MDI contaminants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MDI contaminants
 Login/Join

<walkerlord>
posted
I would be very interested to know whether anyone knows of any existing research into the use of MDIs which covers a specific area I am researching.

I am particularly interested in the subject of contaminants that can build up within a MDI during its lifespan and the associated risk from ineffective cleaning prior to use. I am refering to contaminants such as dust, hair and fluff, which find their way into the chamber and could potentially be inhaled. Deep inhalation of such substances might exacerbate the asthmatic condition and cause further long-term damage. Conventional MDIs are usually carried in handbags and pockets, where such contaminants can be attracted. The majority of traditional MDIs are open-ended and mouthpiece caps are often lost.

I am a MDI user myself and always make sure that my inhaler is clean before use by first removing the alloy canister and thoroughly blowing through the plastic L-shaped chamber to remove any loose material.

The reason that I am interested in this aspect of research is because I have developed a way to significantly reduce the presence of contaminants thus making the inhaler safer and easier to use.

I would be interested to hear your views and whether you or your colleagues know of any research having been carried out in this area. If none exists, perhaps its time some studies were done, as I have seen many users inhale without first taking the time to check the contents of their MDI.
walkerlord@yahoo.com

Reply With QuoteReport This Post