VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    membership required
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

membership required
 Login/Join

Picture of GJ,RRT
posted
Ventworld moderator, please make it a requirement to join before posting. I don't care about "free nokia ringtones", or the other junk getting posted.

GJ

Chris Hanson RN, RRT-NPS, CPFT, AE-C
ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Posts: 66 | Location: Grand junction, colorado | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I agree, we all get enough spam as it is.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
I had originally figured "membership required" might discourage posting, but the bogus crap posting machines out there are unbelievably relentless and apparently effective. Just when I think I have the moderation key words needed to keep the junk off of the site they sneak about a dozen by me. Obviously when I opened things up recently so the genuine posts had a better chance of going up I allowed an attacker to land some junk posts through to the live forum. I am routinely clearing 4-6 pages of moderated posts at about 25-30 per page. It appalls me that someone thinks of this activity as part of their business processes. It galls me that these folks have the audacity to think this or any forum is openly available to them to splatter whatever trash they choose. I really hope requiring membership to initiate or reply to threads doesn't discourage anyone from joining in any discussion, but your request is well taken and has been acted upon. On the RC Professionals and the Pt/Family forums membership will be required to initiate or reply. Since we are now a members only forum I have turned on the ability to add and download attachments.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryMefford,

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJ,RRT
posted Hide Post
Gary,

If you ever need help with the forum I'd be glad to help out.

GJ

Chris Hanson RN, RRT-NPS, CPFT, AE-C
ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Posts: 66 | Location: Grand junction, colorado | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Same here my friend.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
VentWorld Director
Picture of GaryMefford
posted Hide Post
A huge thanks for you request for membership requirement. We have had 25 new members since the first of the year, most since the settings were changed. Just about any link will go to the moderation queue still, but the chore of keeping that cleared is a fraction of what it had been. I hope people will not hesitate to post links, but I am still a little gun shy to open that up completely, and will get posts up ASAP if the go to the queue.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buckeye Az | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post