VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Viasis Vela/ LTV 950
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Viasis Vela/ LTV 950
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone out there had any experience with either of these machines? Just looking for further input. Thanks

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJ,RRT
posted Hide Post
If I remember right the LTV 950 is the version that has bleed in 02(great for Quads). The one negative thing I can say is active humidity cannot be used with the LTV's, it majorly effects the external peep/exhalation valve. I have no experience with the Viasis.

GJ

Chris Hanson RN, RRT-NPS, CPFT, AE-C
ER Registered Nurse
Grand Junction, Colorado

Posts: 66 | Location: Grand junction, colorado | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Ventchick>
posted
Thanks for the input.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Actually Pulmonetics has introduced a new version, the 1200 and it has internal PEEP and a few other necessities that are handy. The Vela is a nice unit. They have just redesigned the exhaltion valve system. Viasys has good staff training and follow-up services.

Posts: 74 | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GJ,RRT>
posted
I am wondering how the ltv 1200 will work with active humidity. Anyone have experience?

GJ

<Brian>
posted
Viasys Vela is an awesome vent. Most modes and works especailly well for NPPV.

posted Hide Post
We use LTV 950's and 1000's with active humidity on all of our patients. I have not seen any effect on the peep. I admit some fluid accumulates in the peep valve and you just have to gently shake it out.

mjRT

quote:
Originally posted by GJ,RRT:
If I remember right the LTV 950 is the version that has bleed in 02(great for Quads). The one negative thing I can say is active humidity cannot be used with the LTV's, it majorly effects the external peep/exhalation valve. I have no experience with the Viasis.

GJ

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Renton
posted Hide Post
we curently use a LTV 900, just a great vent: I dropped(oops) it a few times, got throught a lot a rough times with the ambulance drivers, still going.

1-The battery is weak. Always have to bring the converter.
2-mjRT:
The peep valve never stuck?? We had a few talks in the departement about using actice humidity with LTV's. Could you give me numbers: versions, how many times with? problems you had??

Thank you!

Posts: 49 | Location: Ste-Agathe-Des-Monts, Québec, Canada | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never had the PEEP valve get stuck before with active humidity. We use active humidity on all our peds for long term ventilation. I will ask around at work, but I have never experienced any problems other than having to gently shake the water out when we do our vent checks.

Posts: 25 | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
regarding the Pulmonetics with external PEEP valve and active humidity, it seems to work better if you leave the valve lying sideways instead of hanging down so that humidity can drain from the ports safely. In our experiences we have seen very little problem from the PEEP valves when using it like this.

Posts: 13 | Location: Roanoke, Va | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post