VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Trig Window
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trig Window
 Login/Join

<fztella>
posted
Our Siemens 300 vents have recently been replaced by the G.E engstrom Ventilator....Admin decission not mine. Anyway after more then 10yrs with the 300 my staff became a little complacent when it comes to anything different. We seem to be the first hospital in the region {Middle East}to use this vent so not much info around here. I have a million questions but I'll just start off with a few small ones first. The vent has an adjustable trigger window, can anyone give me some clinical situations in which i would increase or decrease this setting.
Thanks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RVK>
posted
I will email you my details and we can communicate one on one. ( I am an Engstrom rep) In the meantime, I find trigger window at default 25% is ideal for most of the patients. It refers to the last portion of the expiratory time prior to the start of the next breath. If patient triggers within that time, the machine will give a full volume or pressure control breath. Let's hypothetically say, your Te is 4 seconds. If the patient triggers after 3 seconds they will get a full breath. If the patient triggers before 3 seconds they will get a pressure supported breath. The remainder of the trigger window is added to the next non-triggered phase. You can decrease the trigger window if you find you are getting too many triggered breaths. I have not had the need to increase it. I will talk to a couple of my resources and flollow it up with you

As far as you admin deciding what to buy, I am not surprised : quite often the management makes the decision for the end users, who end up resenting the product for precisely that reason. I am not going to go into pros and cons of their decision here: this is not a rep forum.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post