VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Siemens for sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Siemens for sale
 Login/Join

posted
from their website....who'll buy them? Respironics is my bet.

Siemens Medical Solutions (Med) has announced its intention to divest its Life Support Systems business unit. The planned divestment is in response to objections on competition grounds which the EU anti-trust authorities in Brussels have raised against Siemens' proposed medical critical care joint venture with Lübeck-based Drägerwerk AG. Life Support Systems comprises equipment used to sustain vital functions of patients such as anaesthesiology systems and breathing ventilators used in operation theatres and intensive care units.

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't that be a hoot. Respironics will then have a real ventilator the Servo i. They could then scrap that heep of junk they call the Esprie. But they will not be so lucky to acquire Servo because the buyers have already been choosen well before the JV was anounced. You think they didn't know there would be a problem with anti-trust in Europe? Draeger and Siemens in some countries are 90% market share. They new it all along, and have all the ducks in a row. don't worry Servo is going to be around for a long time. I am not so sure about Respironics I think they are ripe to be bought out.

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post