VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Neo vents
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neo vents
 Login/Join

<tigngin>
posted
We are looking to purchase an additional 12 vents for our expanding level 3 NICU.
We use NPCPAP often. The infant star works best due to the leak factor plus the ability to set a b/u apnea rate.
We have all of the following:
Stars, Bird VIP's, Servo, Drager Evita.
What does everyone else like and why?
I don't want to know specifically about intubated, that is a no brainer. Just the ventilation for nasalpharyngeal cpap to include simv. Especially for infants less than 1000gm.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of light
posted Hide Post
Tigngin,
I would throw out the infant star, as far the discussion of which to purchase more of. If I remember correctly they are getting rid of this model and you would only be able to buy used ones.

Why use a back up rate on NCPAP, most of that pressure is going to the stomach on each given breath.

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<tigngin>
posted
OG tubes are placed in the belly for the air issue. B/U rates and Simv/NP are used for apnea.
It is effective most of the time. You still have the issue of high pip's escaping out the mouth just like cpap. It is always six of one, half dozen of another.
PB is still making the infant star as far as I know. There was a rumor that they were going to be obsolete but the vent still comes up as purchaseable.
Thx for the input Smile

<eliza>
posted
the babylog or the Drager Evita XL with the Neoflow option, both work great in the NICU at are facility