VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    1. heliox therapy 2. nitric oxide therapy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1. heliox therapy 2. nitric oxide therapy
 Login/Join

<damu>
posted
heliox therapy can be given via nasal cannula or non breathing mask. whihch one is the correct equipment and how many litter to be given. kindly let me know.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of light
posted Hide Post
Nasal cannulla is not an effective way to deliver Heliox therapy. The NRB mask would be a much more effective delivery method over the nasal canulla. With the low flow state of the nasal canulla (1-6 Lpm) and the patients inspiratory flow of, lets say 30 Lpm, this would not be effective use of heliox. The only possible way I can see to effectively use heliox with the nasal canulla would be to use a Vapotherm, but I do not know if it is able to use heliox.

As far as flow rates use the same rules as pure oxygen and the NRB mask, keep resevoir bag infalted. Remeber that to get the actual flow rate of heliox when using an oxygen flow meter you need to mulitply the flow rate read on the flow meter by 1.8 (for 80/20 mixture) and 1.6(for 70/30 mixture)

Light

Posts: 104 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Paul>
posted
In October, GE Healthcare received FDA clearance to market a new product called the Aptaer Heliox Delivery System that makes delivery of Heliox mixtures easier than ever, and more cost effective than in continuous flow devices. It delivers pre-blended mixtures through a sealed mask. The system uses a demand valve to only provide gas during inhalation and provides pressure support to reduce inspiratory effort. It includes an integrated Aeroneb Pro nebulizer for medication delivery. It will be introduced at the AARC meeting in December.

<Jeffrey Davis>
posted
Very simple. Use NRB mask and titrate flow to minimum required to maintain reservoir bag inflation. If higher FiO2 is required, add a nasal cannula under the mask.