VentWorld    VentWorld    ventworld.infopop.cc  Hop To Forum Categories  RC Professionals    Transport vents
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transport vents
 Login/Join

<CD>
posted
I work for a county ems system and we are looking to start critical care transport. We are looking for any input on various transport vents. Any information would help

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LTV 1000 by Pulmonetics who were bought by Viasys is a portable, all modes that you need, ventilator which we have used as an internal transport machine for 4 years now with great success outside of some issues (some major but now resolved) regarding battery reliability(internal/external.

Look into it on their website.

Cdn RT

Posts: 25 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<CCD>
posted
I am an equipment nurse in a major critical care dept. We are looking for a high quality MRI compatible transport ventilator
Have you got any suggestions and any thoughts would be appreciated

Picture of JeffWhitnack
posted Hide Post
http://www.pneuton.com/

Check out this ventilator. It is MRI compatible.

All pneumatic, no dead battery or electrical issues as well. (But does it use more gas?).

I haven't worked with it, but definately worth a look.

Posts: 171 | Location: Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Oxylog series from Drager Medical is another transport vents. It works well within the hospital or external. It has all Vents Modes. Check it out on http://www.draeger.com choose medical and serch for Oxylog. Good luck

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<rtBilld>
posted

Picture of JeffWhitnack
posted Hide Post
I have used the Oxylog and it performed well.

But is it MRI compatible? (If so we wasted a lot of time using something else!).

Posts: 171 | Location: Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used a few vents in the last couple years for transports. Took an LP10 on a flight one night. That was an aweful experience due to its bulk and battery and O2 use and so on. Have used an LTV many times inhouse to CT ect... never to MRI as it isnt likely MRI compat due to all the metal parts. I like the LTV because it is one gas capable, it has a handydandy little O2 consumption chart that the company sends with... it burns O2 like crazy on with higher Ve and O2 levels. It has all sorts of great modes and serves well on the short trips but the batteries suck. Ive only ever used it out of hospital on ground transport longest trip was 5 hours and we had an inverter on the truck. Since then the batteries have improved and we always carry spares. I have never seen some of the pneumatic vents mentioned here however the concept of a pneumatic transport vent seems the most versitile to me. I was at a lecture on equipment a few years back here in British Columbia by Richard Bransen and he had mentioned a vent the US army uses. For the life of me I can't recall the make and name. We run two MR scanners one we use a 900c by seimens. Hardly a transport vent but pneumatic and alumenium and serves its purpose well still we anchor it to a wall. The other is an old Monahan something or other and it is probably the best option as its virtually all plastic and pneumatic. I think it ventilates like an iron lung but that is only my opinion. Kidding it works just fine but how much better would that whatcha call it Pneuton be. Have a great day!!

Posts: 45 | Registered: July 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH Hi. I forgot to mention another we just started using which is pretty cool. Tiny vent from Aerox called Legend Air. Its a mixed type ventilator and has an 11 hour battery. It also has the benefit of an internal PEEP valve. Well thats all Ive got for now have a great day!!

Posts: 45 | Registered: July 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<shauna rice>
posted
I am a respiratory care practitioner with Versamed. We manufacture a transportable ICU vent, that has an internal battery, MRI COMPATIBLE,50 cc-2000 cc Vt, does bi Level non invasive, advanced breath delivery, log book, trending and more- 919 451-5399

Shauna Rice RRT,RCP